Traveling Soon? Check Out These Traveling Tips!
Regardless if you are a seasoned traveller or planning your first trip, here are simple tips on travelling to make your life easier.
- Roll your clothes vs folding them. This will give you more space in your luggage.
- Use the 3 to 1 rule in clothes. Example: 3 tops for 1 bottom.
- Packing clothing that can be layered and interchanged.
- Take a spare pair of your prescription glasses/sunglasses.
- If you wear hearing aids, take spare batteries with you.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Do arm, leg, and foot stretches if you are seated for a long period of time to help decrease deep vein thrombosis.
- Wear compression socks to increase blood flow in your legs.
- Visit your doctor and ask about any vaccinations you may need.
- Get your doctor to print a list of all your current medications, their generic names, dosages and frequency taken in case of an emergency.
- Leave expensive jewellery at home.
- Make a copy of your important documents (passport, identification, itinerary, credit cards, etc) and scan and send them yourself and someone you trust incase of loss or theft.
- ATM’s are the easiest way to get cash overseas by using your bank or debit card but check with your bank for international transactions that you may be charged.
- Do not use a credit card at an ATM to withdraw cash as you will be charged a fee and a high interest rate that often has no interest-free period.
- Hit the local markets for souvenirs and gifts vs souvenir shops and tourist areas.
- If you are a shopper, consider shipping your bounty home to avoid excess baggage charges.
- If you can’t walk or stand a lot, consider hiring a wheelchair or electric scooter.
- If you schedule is packed give yourself a rest day so you can recharge.
- Ask for a room close to the elevators if you can’t walk a lot.
- Instead of paying for in-room wifi, check to see if the hotel offers free wifi in lobby or bar areas instead.
- Organise a taxi, car hire, or shuttle with door to door service so you can get assistance with your luggage.
These are just a few tips. Have a tip? Share your tip in the comments below.